The Life and Times...

Mostly family stuff. Some Irish history, ancient history, religion and early Christian history.

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Evelyn McCarville's 1927 Diary, January 28, 1927

JAN 28
Friday

I had almost given up myself today. Retreat started this morning, and continued until 3:30, but all day long I’ve been wandering in a haze, my thoughts everywhere but where they should be, my mind anything but religious. Of course, working this afternoon kind of got me out of the spirit. But tonight I went to the library and got a book on the Little Flower, and now I feel much better. Its just wonderful how even the very merest mention of her name is so inspiring. I don’t feel so horrible and mean now, and impious. Maybe tomorrow I’ll get back some of my lost piety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home